Connecticut College, magna cum laude, BA in Philosophy, National Honors Society,
Phi Beta Kappa, Rose Mary Parks Graduate Fellowship for Outstanding Personal and Professional Qualifications.
Smith College, MSW, Field trained at Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, and Hospital of St. Raphael, New Haven, Conn.
Psychotherapist for individuals, couples and families. Private practice in Wickford, Rhode Island. Expertise in marital counseling, anxiety disorders, stress related illness.
Workshops and individual sessions for
.Stress and Anxiety Reduction in Everyday Living
.Making Life Changing Decisions
Voice training with Authur Warfield, PA; Gustava Weiss, NYC; Sandra Chabot, RI.
Acting classes with Wendy Overly, Gamm Theatre Artistic Associate ,RI; Fred Sullivan, Trinity Rep actor, director, RI; Mark Peckham, Trinity Rep actor, RI; Ed Shea, Artistic Director, 2nd Story Theatre and Bob Colonna, actor and director, 2nd Story Theatre, RI.
Co-founder of Playwrights Place Productions, whose mission is to bring the works of local playwrights to the stage.
Producer, Director, Writer, Actor and Singer for Playwrights Place
Productions include “Four of a Kind: the Story of the Four Chaplains,” “We Mustn’t Say Goodbye: Music from WWII and Letters from the Front," Grate Expectations: Homeless in New York,” “A Little Lower Than the Angels, “co-produced with NewGate Theatre, and “Love at Willow Manor.”
PLAYWRITING AND AWARDS Please see Linda's Plays Link
Linda Thomas is a member of:
The Dramatists Guild of America
The International Center for Women Playwrights
CONTACT LINDA AT:
Recent Productions/Readings & New Plays
· This Blood's For You--Detroit Repertory Theatre
· Red Hot Mamas--Village Players, Vancouver, British Columbia
· The Walk--Hudson River Classics, Hudson, NY (equity reading)
· A Day in the Wife of Avery Mann--Indianapolis University
· The Wall--Stage 3, Sonora, CA and Key West Theatre Festival (staged reading)
· Family Matters--Canberra Repertory Company, Canberra, Australia
· Bui-Doi: The Dust of Life--Angel Street Players, Providence, RI (staged reading)
· The Walk--Andrew Keegan Theatre, Arlington, VA (workshop production)
· Family Matters--Medford Community Theatre, Medford, WI
· Magnificent Obsession--People's Players, Stamford CT
· A Day in the Wife of Avery Mann--Christian Brothers University, Memphis, TN & University of Judaism, LA
· The Babe, the Bard and the Baron--Playwrights' Circle, Palm Springs, CA (staged reading)
· Red Hot Mamas--Detroit Repertory Theatre
· Ezra and Evil—Midland Community Theatre, Midland, TX (Staged reading)
· The Bitch of Bailey’s Beach (award winner)
· What About Mimi? (award winner)
· Free Shot (award winner)
· Four of a Kind (PPP, Tiverton, RI)
· A Little Lower than the Angels (Newport Historical Society)
· This Blood's for You (Crystal Springs Players, San Mateo, CA)
· Red Hot Mamas (Gallery Theatre, Marysville, CA)
· One Last Dance (Little Compton Community Theatre, Little Compton, RI)
· Red Hot Mamas (Gaslight Theatre, Enid, OK)
· Red Hot Mamas (Clarkston Village Players, Clarkston, MI)
· Something of Value (New Play)
· Red Hot Mamas Broadway OnStage East Pointe, MI
· Something of Value (New Play)
· A Cat Named Dog and A Dog Named Cat (New Play)
Contact: David Christner